Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baby BOY Blue Cake Pops!

First and foremost, I feel it necessary to tell you I have a cake pop maker.



Not that I feel like its "cheating," but any person that can hand-make 50-60 cake pops in one sitting- KUDOS. I honestly love this little thing! Bry's mom bought it for me this past Christmas. It deffiniteellyyy took a few tries before I got the routine down (the first few batches looked like mushrooms). Whoops :/

Kathryn had her sister-in-law's baby shower in April.. (okay so this post is extremely late- better late than NEVER) :D Anyway the mom-t0-be is diabetic so a 3-tiered, extravagant baby shower cake wasn't exactly necessary. The alternative?

Cake Pops!


Over the past couple of years, cake pops have become pretty popular. That's an understatement. They are, hands down, the trendiest new little treat. Cake pops are also only around 100-150 calories. If that still seems like a lot.. do yourselves a favor and google how many calories are in a slice of chocolate cake. Actually, don't..


I went with a vanilla cake pop, coated in dark chocolate with a baby blue white chocolate drizzle.



So the drizzle- let me explain.

I was more worried about making sure the texture of the chocolate was perfect for dipping the cake pops that I didn't even give a thought to the fact that drizzling melted candy wasn't going to be as easy as I thought. One thing that makes a huge difference is making SURE the cake pop's exterior is frozen. If you attempt to drizzle over chocolate that is not yet frozen- forget it.

Melt the candy chips in a microwave-safe cup or bowl. I like to add vegetable oil to make it smoother. Make sure you only fill the chocolates half full each time. They melt easier at way!Microwave for about 30 seconds, stir, then repeat. Next, quickly transfer the melted candy into a zip lock bag. Snip a small end of one of the corner's of the bag. Then just drizzle away!

Check this blog out:

http://www.bakerella.com/category/pops-bites/cake-pops/


XOXOCORIN












No comments:

Post a Comment