Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mint Oreo Cupcakes



Oreos are a hot item in my household lately.

[ See also Deep Fried Oreos Post from Last Week ]

I saw this recipe a while back and finally got 
talked into making them this past weekend.

Side note: Also starting to get a little crafty 
with the pictures! Weeeeee! :) 

I got so preoccupied catching up on the RHONJ
that I literally whipped these up as Bry was making dinner. 


If I wasn't so interested in what was going to happen 
on this ever-so-anticipated camping trip I would have been extremely irritated.

I hate being in the kitchen when other people are in the kitchen.
It was like getting ready and straightening my hair while Bryan was getting
ready when we use to have a small bathroom- GET. OUT. 

Anyway, here's the recipe!

For the Cupcakes
24 Mint Oreos
1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Stick of Butter
1 c Water
3 Eggs

1. Preheat over to 350 and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In mixer, combine cake mix, melted butter, water and eggs. Beat on low
speed for a minute.
3. Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full and bake for 18 minutes.

For the Frosting
15 Mint Oreos (completely crushed)
4 Sticks of Butter, softened
4 Tbsp Milk
8 c Powdered Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Mint Extract
4 Drops Green Food Coloring

1. In mixer, beat butter, milk and extracts until smooth.
2. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on low.
3. Add cookie crumbs and beat on low until well combined. 

holy. mint. 

These things are sweeter than sweet, but ENJOY!
If that wasn't sweet enough for you, let me close with:
Monday, July 30th was National Cheesecake Day!
There was no way I wasn't celebrating... 
Bryan and I treated ourselves to Cheesecake Factory obviously.
What you see here, folks, is Godiva Chocolate and Banana Cream cheesecake.

MmmmMM!








No comments:

Post a Comment