Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dos de Mayo Treat: Margarita Cupcakes

It's May! It's May!
I clearly missed out on celebrating the first day of May yesterday
so I'll go ahead and take this opportunity to show the SECOND day in May a little attention.
Yes? Yes. 

Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner.
Yes, another Sunday holiday. Which means May 6th will be an interesting morning
for all of the other working professionals out there. 
Cinco de Mayo needs to be a paid holiday.
So does St. Patrick's Day.
So does the day after Super Bowl.
Catching my drift here? 
Anyway I figured I would put use to some of those
festive Cinco de Mayo ideas and have some of the gals over for a pre-cinco
skinny margs/tacos fiesstaaaaaa!
It was also a good excuse to snap a ton of picture of more randomness.

I promise a full recap but for now I wanted to share this recipe
that I had been dying to make- margarita cupcakes!


Here's what you will need:
 For the Cupcakes:
1 box Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix
1/2 c Water
1/2 c Vegetable Oil
1/2 c Tequila
1 tsp Grated Orange Peel
3 Eggs
1 box Lime Flavored Gelatin
For the Frosting:
2 3/4 c Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp Lime Juice
2 tbsp Tequila
Pinch of Salt

1. Heat over to 350 and place baking cups in a 24
regular sized muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, beat all of the cupcake ingredients on low
for 2 minutes and divide evenly into 24 cupcakes.
3. Bake 18 to 22 minutes and allow cupcakes to cool completely.
4. Combine ingredients for frosting and beat for 30 seconds.
5. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting and add lime wedge and straw for garnish.

Wam. Bam. Thank you, ma'am.
Easy Peasy.

They're definitely a fun little Cinco de Mayo treat and SO delish.
They can also be made without the tequila.
Which would have been an alternative option had my girlfriend Jen
told me that she was prego before this little fiesta!
No cupcakes for you, Jen Baby!

Enjoy!






1 comment: