Monday, May 20, 2013

GOOEY Sugar Cookies- The Trick!

Happy Monday little babiiees!

Someone's foodie photog skills are getting legit. :) 

I am definitely a cookie person and, much like my beginning stages with cupcakes, 
I used to suck at making cookies. 
I used every ingredient.
I followed every direction.
And they still tasted like chocolate chip rocks. 
Until.
Until I found the most perfect recipe with, well, a little trick.

The Recipe?

2 3/4 C All-Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 1/4 C Margarine
2 C White Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Pink Sprinkles for decoration.. Duh. 

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees and in a medium bowl
combine flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside. 
2. Combine remaining ingredients and beat one egg in at a time.
3. Gradually combine dry ingredients into other bowl. 
4. Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place on greased cookie
pan approximately 2" apart. 
5. Then pop 'em in the oven for 9 minutes.
Yes, nine. 
6. Allow to cool on a wire rack. 

The Trick? 
Sliced bread.
Seriously!
Once the cookies have cooled on the wire rack, 
store them in a cookie jar with a slice of bread.
BOOM!
Works. Every. Time. 

The Reasoning?

Shoot people, I don't know.
This is Corin Bakes not Bill Nye the Science Guy.
All I know is before the bread, cookies? Hard as a freakin' rock.
After the bread? Deeeelish and super gooey!
I would imagine it has something to do
with absorbing moisture (I seriously hate that word)
and some other nonsense but who cares!

Anyway, just had to share that little trick with y'all.
Now I'll be resuming typical Monday night activities.
Which may or may not include these ladies... 
#RHOC







No comments:

Post a Comment