Happy Tuesday friends!
So not to beat a dead horse, but you know I just flat out DON'T enjoy cooking... right?
I'm not sure if there is just a piece of housewife DNA that I'm missing somewhere in my genome
but I just don't enjoy it! Baking? Obviously. Cleaning? Love it!
DIY & Crafting? Yes, pleasssseee! Cooking? Shoot me.
However with a husband and, more than likely, kids in the near future
(parents don't make me regret that statement later)
I have forced myself to be in the kitchen more and that doesn't mean standing
over the stove with a box of Hamburger Helper.
I've started to attend a once a month cooking class where we prepare
an appetizer, entree and dessert so I'm getting tons of new, easy recipes to try.
THEN, of course, there's Pinterest. I may be the 24938712487612th
woman to ask this question but, where would we be in the world without Pinterest ?
Enter THIS little gem of a recipe:
Buffalo Chicken Penne Pasta
You Will Need:
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breasts
8 oz package of cream cheese
1/3 c buffalo sauce (I use Frank's)
1/2 c chicken broth
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup blue cheese OR ranch dressing
12 oz penne pasta
green onions (chopped)
crushed red pepper flakes
1. Begin making the sauce by melting the buffalo sauce, cream cheese and chicken broth.
2. Next, add in your spices. Also proceed to yell "BAM!" while doing this
because your husband will think you're practically Emeril once he tastes this.
3. Heat the sauce for 5 minutes over medium, until creamy.
4. Add your blue cheese (or ranch) and mix well.
5. Mix in your cooked, shredded chicken until the sauce is well-distributed.
6. Allow to cook to an additional 10 minutes to blend flavors. In the meantime,
boil a large pot of water to cook your penne pasta.
7. Next, combine your pasta with your buffalo chicken sauce.
8. Garnish with your choice of toppings- I used chopped, green onion but
you can also throw a bit of crushed red pepper in there as well!
9. E N J O Y :)
I'm a huge lover of ANYTHING buffalo. And pasta? Sold!
I had a few friends ask me for this recipe so clearly I'm not alone
on the buffalo chicken obsession bus. I literally stock up on
Frank's and after this, I would suggest you do the same.