Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Year-Round Pumpkin Pie Recipe. YES.


Well HELLO there again!
You thought Thanksgiving was over....? 
If you're like this girl who is still eating turkey sammies for lunch-
not so much.
Per my "anatomy of a Thanksgiving table" post last weekend,
you have probably gathered I don't enjoy much of the food
but I EL-OH-VEE-EE pumpkin pie!
I made this idiot-proof
(don't quote me on that)
double layer pumpkin pie for our "Brew" Thanksgiving potluck. 
This recipe is sooo easy that you can throw it together year round-
that way you don't have to wait until Thanksgiving dinner to devour it :)

You Will Need..

pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

cup plus 1 Tbsp. milk, divided

Tbsp. sugar

tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided

HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)

can (15 oz.) pumpkin

pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding

tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Make It..


BEAT cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk and sugar in large bowl with whisk until blended. Stir in half the COOL WHIP. Spread onto bottom of crust.
WHISK remaining milk, pumpkin, dry pudding mixes and spices 2 min. (Mixture will be thick.) Spread over cream cheese layer.
REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Serve topped with remaining COOL WHIP.

I didn't snap a picture of the end product because I was jamming to 

Garth Brooks on Pandora in the kitchen while whippin'
this little baby up and my phone died, but here is a photo via the Kraft site
where I got the recipe:





So. Yesterday was "Cyber Monday."
Did everyone enjoy their one day of non-violent sale shopping??
I get so antsy waiting for this stuff to arrive.
WHICH REMINDS ME- I never received my
stupid bubble bib necklace from The Pokadot Shop.
Ugghhhhh scaammmmm.
I should be receiving my new brown leather
saddle bar stools for the kitchen first...

EXCITED! :)








1 comment:

  1. are you kidding me?! This looks amazing! I made a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving but I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near as good as this!

    new follower:) xo

    ReplyDelete